The Office Manager is responsible for the efficient functioning of the office through a range of health & safety, administrative, financial and managerial tasks.
The role is to ensure the smooth running of the office on a daily basis and will be responsible for the delivery of all of the above areas of responsibility. This will require the management and scheduling of a team, to meet the varying loads required throughout the day
Responsible for overseeing Health and Safety for site
-Working closely with Head of Facilities to ensure the Health and Safety of site is managed and compliant
-Carry out risk assessments
- Attend quarterly Health and Safety meetings (travel may be required)
- Working closely with the Head of Facilities who will have sign off authority - create budgets for all areas within responsibility
- First line approval of all spends - second line being the Head of Facilities
- Ensure statutory compliance in all required areas within scope of responsibility
- In conjunction with Head of Facilities and ROH develop and agree service provision and levels within all areas of responsibility
Process and Procedures
- In conjunction with the Head of Facilities develop, implement and maintain documented processes to deliver the agreed service level within all areas of responsibility.
Primary Contact / Help desk
- Main contact and issue manager for all issues raised by the sites within scope of responsibility - escalation is to Head of Facilities.
- To meet monthly with the Head of Facilities. Date, agenda and reports to be agreed.
- To produce monthly reports for issue to the Head of Facilities. These will be used for Board reporting. Date, agenda and reports to be agreed.
- Day to day administration & management of contracts / suppliers liaising with Contracts Manager as required
- Requests for additional purchases outside of agreed contracts to be agreed with Head of Facilities for approval prior to ordering.
To manage day to day issues with properties management agent(s) but ensuring Head of Facilities - who has overall responsibility for all properties is kept fully informed.
Some examples - but not exhaustive:
Work closely with site ROH to deliver agreed service levels and support day to day running of the site including the housekeeping and health and safety management of the office
Create and maintain office environment in line with our vision and values.
Optimise use of space within each office.
Provision and maintenance of security within site.
Role in disaster planning.
Provision of service to Procurement of:
Maintenance of the Property
First point of contact for issues
Liaise with Head of Facilities to determine resolution route
Other areas as required.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The office manager will have the following skills and experience: -
• Experience of development, management and operation of administrative systems and ICT packages including Microsoft Office software
• Management of H & S experience
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to lead and manage other staff
• Ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence.
• Knowledge and understanding of managing people
• Ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting demands within deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Flexible and positive approach to change
• Willing to work as part of a team
• Professional and customer service orientated
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
• Team player
• Polite, professional and enthusiastic manner
If you meet our criteria and think this is a job where you could bring enthusiasm and commitment, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 40 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer and 9th overall employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2022 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
We are proud to be an accredited living wage employer.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
* 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
* Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
* Healthcare cover/ Medicash
* Pension plan
* Life Insurance 4 x salary
* Interest free travel loan scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
* Discounted gym membership
* Discounted dental scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Offers & discounts
* Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Adviser can confirm.
* Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
* The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
* We are open to part time/job share applicants.
Recruitment agencies (PSL /non-PSL)
Weightmans operates a strict 'preferred supplier list' (PSL) and is committed to working closely with the recruitment agencies that feature on that list. As such, Weightmans does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs, profiles or any other introductions from both our PSL and non-PSL agencies. If a PSL or non-PSL agency chooses to submit a speculative or unsolicited CV, profile or introduction without instruction from a member of Weightmans’ recruitment team, we will reserve the right to treat the introduction as a gift and contact the candidate directly without accepting or entering into the agency’s terms nor being liable for a recruitment fee.
Eligibility to work in the UK
Eligibility to work in the UK will be verified in the final stages of the selection process. All candidates must either already have a right to work in the UK before commencing employment, or meet the Home office criteria for Visa sponsorship. Candidates who require sponsorship should evaluate the Home Office eligibility criteria for a Skilled Worker visa before applying