Newstaff Employment Services are recruiting for a Trust Manager to join a successful company based in St Albans, Herts.
The successful candidate will become a key member of the Trust Team, reporting directly to Directors and Partners and looking after an interesting and varied portfolio that includes charitable trusts.
• Responsible for an interesting and varied portfolio of UK resident and charitable trusts, including ensuring key deadlines for annual accounts and tax compliance are met
• Reviewing work prepared by members of the team, input into their training and mentoring
• Assisting with advisory work and ad-hoc matters, including high level taxation and general advice regarding Inheritance Tax
• Liaising with tax, accounts and financial planning teams, as appropriate, to ensure a joined-up approach
• Monitoring budgets, own chargeability and raising fee notes
• Experience of charitable trusts, probate work and estate accounts advantageous but not essential, with an opportunity for development in those areas.
• A working knowledge of CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax would be advantageous. The firm uses CCH Practice Management System.
• Ideally CTA and/or STEP qualified – or a desire to work toward a STEP qualification
• Alternatively, qualified by experience
• A strong understanding of trusts
• Good communication, organisational and team skills
• Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
• Motivated and resilient with a positive outlook
• Able to quickly build confidence, respect, and trust with others
Monday to Friday 37.5 hour week. Flexi Office hours
Salary: £55,000 pa to £70,000 pa + excellent benefits
Interested? Please call Anne Marie on (phone number removed) or email CV to (url removed)