Job Title: Costs Draftsperson
Location: North West- Hybrid
Our client is a well-established and reputable law firm based in the North West of England. They specialise in various areas of law, providing their clients with expert legal representation and exceptional service. As they continue to grow and expand their services, we are seeking a highly skilled Costs Draftsperson to join their team.
We are looking for an experienced Costs Draftsperson to manage and prepare cost budgets, bills of costs, and related legal documentation for our clients' cases. The successful candidate will work closely with our legal teams to ensure that cost recovery processes are efficient, accurate, and compliant with relevant regulations. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong analytical and organisational skills to contribute to our firm's success.
- Collaborate with our legal teams to create and manage cost budgets for client cases.
- Ensure that cost budgets are in line with the court's guidelines and client expectations.
- Monitor and update cost budgets as cases progress, making necessary adjustments.
Bill of Costs Preparation:
- Prepare detailed bills of costs for assessment by the court or negotiation with opposing parties.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent and disbursements incurred for each case.
- Calculate and include all recoverable costs, disbursements, and VAT where applicable.
- Engage in negotiations with opposing parties to reach settlements on costs disputes.
- Liaise with solicitors and clients to provide expert advice on cost recovery strategies.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay up-to-date with changes in costs regulations and legislation, ensuring compliance.
- Maintain organized records of cost-related documentation for audit purposes.
- Generate regular reports on cost recovery and provide insights to the management team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Costs Draftsperson in a legal environment, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Strong knowledge of costs regulations, including the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and relevant case law.
- Proficiency in legal software and accounting tools (e.g., Proclaim, CostsMaster).
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with legal aid billing processes (if applicable) is a plus.
- Membership in the Association of Costs Lawyers (ACL) is desirable but not essential.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and qualifications to (url removed) Please include "Costs Draftsperson Application North West" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Everpool Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply