Sue Ross Legal are recruiting for a Probate Paralegal on behalf of a well-respected and long-established firm of Solicitors based on the outskirts of Sheffield City Centre.
This role will see you assisting clients with their probate matters and preparing estate accounts. You will work closely with the Solicitors and other legal professionals within the firm, to ensure that clients receive a first-class service.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of a wide range of probate and estate planning procedures, experience drafting legal documentation, and dealing with initial letters to the banks and building societies. You must have exceptional organisational skills, and a commitment to delivering excellent client care.
* Assisting Solicitors and Fee earners in the preparation of probate documents, and estate planning documents.
* Managing and maintaining probate case files, ensuring all necessary documentation is complete and up to date.
* Liaising with clients and other parties involved in probate cases, providing updates, and addressing enquiries.
* Conducting legal research and keeping up to date with relevant probate laws and regulations.
* Scheduling and coordinating appointments, court dates, and other related events.
* Attending and assisting with client meetings.
* Perform other administrative and clerical tasks as needed.
* At least 12 months experience working within the Private Client Department, ideally within a Paralegal position (however administration, secretarial, and assistant experience may also be considered providing that you can demonstrate a strong understanding of how a probate file is ran).
* Ability to empathise with the varying needs of the firm’s clients.
* Good time management and organisational skills.
* Ability to communicate with people at all levels in all situations.
* Ability to work effectively as a team member and equally well autonomously, with little supervision.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
* A professional outlook.
* Competent with the operation of relevant IT facilities including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Previous experience of Legal Software desirable but training will be given on the use of the Practice’s database and legal software.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the Northwest and the Northeast, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment